Things my kids will never get to experience
I have come to grips with the fact my kids will never understand or get to do anything on this list unless I make them or there is a catastrophic apocalypse that leaves the world technologically primative
- •The subtle art of remembering 20 phone numbers (including area codes) off the top of your headYeah, I'm not going to make my kids do this only because I can't remember phone numbers anymore. Although I STILL remember my parents home phone number by heart.
- •Having a CD or tape collectionIt was always nice to have a physical account of what my allowance was spent on
- •Having to watch commercialsIt's almost like a treat now for them to watch ads on tv.
- •Actually dialing a phone numberIf I'm being honest I'm glad I don't have to do this one anymore
- •Writing a checkChecks are still around but I'm pretty sure they will be obsolete by the time my kids get their first bank account
- •Waiting for the TV guide to start overTo wait for the TV guide was annoying but it taught me to be patient
- •Recording a song off the radioIt was a true act of love to make a mixed tape from songs off the radio
- •Folding a mapI'm totally going to make them learn this skill, you never know when folding paper accordion style will come in handy
- •These are just a few things I can think of for now