THINGS I MISS
Due to a lot of loss in my extended family, I have been experiencing lots of feels. Not always the good ones. Thanksgiving always brings up memories, but they feel good to remember.
- •Grandma's Apple Sauce when her and Pap would come visit.
- •Going to church and holding Pap's hand even though the priest scared the snot out of me.
- •Calling my Aunts and Uncles to wish them Happy Thanksgiving
- •Being called by my first and middle names all the time by my Aunts.
- •The dancing in the kitchen
- •Tomato sandwiches with rootbeer or Pepsi
- •The sandwiches at 6:30 with everything but the mashed potatoes on there.
- •The smell of the BBQ heating up to cook the turkey.
- •Sitting at my Pap's feet while he told my dad stories after dinner.
- •The feel of his stubbly cheek when I'd kiss him goodnight
- •My Grandma's hands as she crocheted another blanket.