Already on li.st? Open in app.
I've just started working again, and that also means less free time (oh being a housewife was the best ever). I want to dedicate my evenings and weekends to learning German and reading - so I'm hoping to catch up on the books I've been wanting to read, but have never gotten the chance to buy. So here's my list!
- •All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony DoerrWorld War 2 novel
- •Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- •The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
As per request of @deceptacon 😁
- •iPhone 6S silicone case in turquoiseJust because it looks gorgeous! I'm torn because if I cover up the back of my phone, you won't see the gold color.. But this light blue color reminds me of my wedding theme color! Hehe
- •Anti-winter hand creamI've never appreciated hand cream more than now, when it's bitterly cold outside and you need to keep your hands in gloves or in pockets at all time. I've been using L'Occitane's 20% Shea butter hand cream and it's really great! No dryness or flaking at all so far ;)
- •CrockpotPerfect for slow cooking stews and soups!
- •BidetYes, I went to Japan, didn't buy one, but still I want it! I don't know the specs of my toilet here and what specs bidets need, but it's still on my wish list hehe
The husband was on business trip in Asia. And everyone was concerned. What would I do? Won't I be too lonely not having someone to talk to? Well, ladies and gentlemen, I did not go crazy. (FYI: Offenbach is the city across the Main river from Frankfurt. It's apparently the poorest city in Germany, with lots of immigrants and high unemployment.)
- •Got lost in Offenbach and FrankfurtAnother reason for doing this: that damn Fitbit app! So whenever I was outdoors, I'd just walk around the neighborhood, try to figure out if I have any navigation abilities, and get as many steps in as I can. The weather this past week has been amazing and sunny, so I took advantage of it! I will really miss #enjoyingthesun when winter sets in in full 😢
- •Got invited over to lunch at a friend's houseA relief, because I spent two days just inside the flat and it was kind of, getting smaller and smaller. The invite gave me an excuse to get dressed, so I also shopped at the grocery and market, and threw out the trash! 3 birds with one outfit! 👍🏼 and I hosted her back on Friday! Good excuse to get dressed again and cook something nice! 😁
- •Upped my home cooking skillsSince it's #pumpkinseason #pumpkineverything, I bought a whole Hokkaido pumpkin and roasted half in the oven. Delicious! Magical! 😍
- •SerialThis is the one that got me hooked! Unbelievably true tragic story of Adnan Syed - with a haunting score, great writing, suspenseful pauses, and after 10 episodes (I didn't even care episodes lasted more than an hour!), it left me wanting more! Which leads me to...
- •UndisclosedAll the info on Adnan Syed's story you've ever wanted to know? It's here. No fancy gimmicks, just facts, as told by 3 lawyers. I thought Serial spotted all the holes in the prosecutions story, but that one's got nothing on Undisclosed. This is for you - if you've become truly invested (obsessed?) in Adnan's case. #freeadnan
- •The EconomistSuccint, well-written nugget-sized news and analysis. I put this on when I feel like getting updated on what's happening with the world. Since I'm now based in Germany, the European perspective (since the podcasts are produced in London) is new and much welcomed.