TOPICS MENTIONED ON THE WEST WING THAT ARE (STILL) RELEVANT
I started watching The West Wing a couple weeks ago (and I'm only halfway through S2 so no spoilers) and it's great but it's a little frustrating that we're still making the same points on so many of the same topics. *This list will be updated as I continue watching
- •Establishing a livable minimum wageMentioned again, raising the minimum wage "so that work always pays more than welfare"
- •Whether or not global warming is realSam Seaborn says "As of today, it shall be the unequivocal position of the United States that global warming constitutes a clear and present danger to the health and well-being of this planet and its inhabitants." Unfortunately, some 17 years later, apparently not
- •Gun controlLiterally how tf have we not figured this out already
- •Legalizing/Decriminalizing marijuana
- •ManspreadingKind of—Josh relaxes into his seat and spreads his legs and CJ shoves it out of her space when they're sitting next to each other. I think if CJ knew the word 'manspreading' she would have used it
- •Burning black churches
- •Validity of (and right to) late term abortions
- •Tax returns from candidatesThey released Bartlet's to prove he was a valid candidate. Toby used to work for a guy who had to hold a press conference to answer questions about his.
- •Alternate energy sources to oil
- •Iranian + nuclear weapons
- •Anti-immigrant legislation
- •Potential peace talks with Cuba
- •Border securityVinick wants to double the border patrol on the Mexican border to 'stop illegal immigration'