THINGS THAT SCARE ME
because today is Halloween
- •WaspsSome of my earliest conscious memories involve the multitude of wasps who found perfect hiding spots in the bousillage in the old old house.
- •SplintersThe only way these are bearable is if Mom gives me a piece of cheese while she takes it out.
- •Water MoccasinsI can't deal.
- •the space between the gangplank and the airplane door
- •extremely steep interstate on-rampsSome of my worst nightmares involve navigating an on-ramp in a car moving too fast.
- •seeing a loved one hooked to an IV
- •Alzheimer'sIt's when a human disappears the way an island sinks into the sea.
- •making big mistakesI hate when my boss is disappointed in me.
- •being late for workI hate when my boss is disappointed in me.
- •growing old
- •not growing old
- •when I'm drying my hair and someone comes into the bathroom and I don't realize it until I look in the mirrorI scream every time.
- •getting murdered in the showerThey will find me naked.