12 Things I've Learned About Connecticut in the Last 2 Hours
My boyfriend and I are driving to Massachusetts from NYC. He's from Stratford, and is giving me running commentary on everything Connecticut. I am learning a lot.
- 1.The state motto is "Still Revolutionary"Lol k
- 2.@john is from Fairfield.
- 3.Milford sucks.Disclaimer: We didn't go to Milford.
- 4.Trumbull sucks.See above.
- 5.Schick razors, PEZ dispensers, and wiffle balls are all Connecticut exports.
- 6.There's a dog salon in Fairfield called "Snip Doggy Dog."💯💯💯💯💯💯
- 7.Duchess is a CT fast-food chain that makes burgers and fries but also weirdly fish dinners and spaghetti and they are VERY proud of their Coca-Cola Freestyle machine.You can get any flavor Coke you could possibly imagine!
- 8.The Merritt Parkway is a beautiful freeway unless there's an accident in which case you are screwed because exits are sporadic and it's only 2 lanes.
- 9.Connecticut has no toll booths because too many people were killed by cars crashing into tollbooths so the government was like "well, fuck 'em."Yeesh.
- 10.The 1 and the 95 both run from Maine to Florida."Pretty cool, right babe?"
- 11.New London is where they build submarines.But Groton is the "submarine capital of the world"
- 12.You cannot pair a phone with a Nissan Altima unless it's in park.This is true in other states, too.