WORDS I LOVE TO WRITE BUT SOUND SUPER AWKWARD OUT LOUD
You know what I'm talking about. I'm not a Gilmore girl, and some shit just isn't meant to be spoken, no matter how cultured you might pretend your written word is.
- •QuotidianI can't pronounce this out loud without practicing. That should probably be a rule. But damn it reads well.
- •Actually, just anything derived from Frenchle sigh.
- •EfficacyThis one isn't exactly up there with the SAT words and rolls off the tongue relatively easily. That said, I always feel like a douche when I use it in conversation (not that it's deterred me much...)
- •FornicatressSeriously this word scares me. no one in the history of the world should ever use this out loud
- •Heiferwords that defy the "i before e" rule make me uncomfortable. Also you can just say "cow"
- •SanguineUgh. The way this word makes me feel is totally contradictory to its meaning, but that g-u-i makes me feel absolutely squeamish
- •SyzygyMaybe my favorite word in the English language. but man is it hard to work into a sentence using the right context (also I realize how obnoxious it is to even try, Bc nothing except interplanetary alignment really fits)