WHAT I HATE ABOUT SIGNING DAY
Throughout my many years of college football fandom, I have never quite bought into the spectacle that is "National Signing Day." So I've decided to make a list of the 5 most annoying aspects of this now national phenomenon.
- 5.Middle-aged men who justify stalking teenage boys on social media by declaring their un-dying loyalty to their team. I don't care how much you want to see your team win, that's weird guys.
- 4.Coaches who make millions of dollars a year getting free advertising on tv networks who make billions of dollars a year so that they can draw in kids with no interest in a degree who will make $0 a year...
- 3.Something new this year: announcement videos. Kids announce the school that they will bless with their presence with videos that are a CGI bear attack away from being considered for academy nominations.
- 2.The same people that complain about the entitlement that millennials feel are the same ones retweeting 17 year-old linebackers' emoji-filled lists of who their Top 10 school choices. Not sure how that could inflate their ego...
- 1.The biggest contribution to my annoyance with this dog and pony show? I'm a Vanderbilt fan. I'll take this time to look forward to baseball and bowling season.