A MEMORY FROM EVERY STATE I'VE BEEN IN
I have not been to many states.
- •WashingtonThe first thing that came to mind is driving through the cascades on my way to my parents house from Seattle after being away for a while.
- •OregonI took a trip to Cannon Beach with some friends right after we graduated from high school. It was one of the first times I felt like an adult. Thinking back on it, I absolutely was not an adult, but it was nice to feel like one at the time.
- •IdahoThe week I helped my grandparents pack up their house to move back to our hometown. It was the last significant amount of time I spent with my fm grandpa before he died
- •CaliforniaDriving with Hannah to move here after I graduated from college. It was so much time to have those last few days with my best friend before I was basically starting my life over in a completely new place.
- •NevadaA national volleyball tournament I went to with my team in high school. It was crazy fun, and we did not win very many games
- •ArizonaThe first time I saw the Grand Canyon, my friend had me walk to an edge with my eyes closed, so when I opened them I saw the sun rising over the canyon and I immediately said "holy shit!" And a dad with his kids looked over and said "that sounds about right"
- •HawaiiMy sister broke her nose when a wave picked her up and she hit the bottom. For the last 15 years she's had a whistle when she breathes because of the injury. And sometimes when I'm annoyed with her I'll look at here and say "huh, I think it is a little crooked"
- •New YorkThe first time I went to New York and drove into the city from the airport, I thought "this is the place, this is it." I still don't entirely know what I meant by that but every time I go back I feel that same thing.