Already on li.st? Open in app.
Aaaah I haven't written a list in so long! No drafts is so scary!
- •Politics today is so disheartening but these remind me that good politicians do exist and have always existed 👍
- •Barbara CastleLabour Party politician, MP for Blackburn (1945-1979), MEP for Greater Manchester (1979-1989). She served as Employment Secretary (amongst other roles) in the Wilson Cabinet. Listen to her Desert Island Discs episode in the podcast archives - you will love her as much as I do.
A Valentine's Day love letter to my new home and the real light of my life: London 🇬🇧💕
- •Our tiny cramped kitchen that overlooks a tower block and a Greek restaurant and is always full of way more people than we can comfortably accommodate
- •Impromptu protests in my university's main quad
- •Seeing little kids in their uniforms going to or from school on the tube
I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get round to this, Liz! I loved the request
- •I'm from the north of England and I go to university in London
- •I am very much "the token northerner"
- •My uni halls accommodate 300+ students. I know of two other northerners who live there.
- •TV: Deutschland 83Special mention: Stranger Things
- •ALBUM: For All We Know - NAOSpecial mention: Coloring Book - Chance the Rapper; Konnichiwa - Skepta
- •SONG: Because I'm Me - The AvalanchesSpecial mention: Berlin Got Blurry - Parquet Courts; Golden Boy - Elf Kid
- •I finally got to open my secret santa gift today!
- •It was delivered to my home address and, since I only came home from uni today, I've been desperate to open it for days
- •Ooooh the big reveal
According to Spotify
- •The Wild Rover - The DublinersPossible explanation: I've missed my dad and his music more than I thought since I moved to uni
- •City of Angels - The DistillersPossible explanation: 2016 has been so bad I've reverted to my 12 year old self's angsty taste in music in order to cope
- •Jude Law and a Semester Abroad - Brand NewPossible explanation: see above
I've almost done an entire year of these lists so this is pretty much the most committed I've been to anything ever
- •Kali UchisWhy are we not talking about Kali Uchis 24/7???!!!
- •Lizzo - Coconut OilFeatures Good as Hell and Worship, two of my favourites of 2016.
- •Tony Bennett - The Beat of My HeartI'm just now introducing my flatmates to my love for Tony Bennett. Apparently this is not the music 18 year olds are into?
- •London's Li.st contingent met for the first time yesterday!
- •We met for drinks and lunch and somehow ended up staying until the evening
- •@roozly works for what sounds like an amazing arts charity. She has a degree in War Studies (but she doesn't want to join the military!) She is practically famous thanks to her Tom Haverford list.
Yes, the day you've all been waiting for is finally here @ListMeetUps
- •Where: The Lighterman, Granary Square (just behind Kings Cross Station)
- •When: Saturday 26th November (this Saturday!)
- •Time: 13.30
- •Yesterday I went to a national demonstration organised by the National Union of Students to protest against the proposed Higher Education Reform Bill.The HE Bill will introduce, amongst other things, the Teaching Excellence Framework. The TEF is a way of ranking universities based on the quality of their teaching. Those ranked "gold" will be able to charge students much more than those ranked "bronze". It's incredibly unfair and potentially off putting for students from low income backgrounds (the exact people we want to encourage to go to university!) It's also calculated via a biased and unrepresentative system.
- •(More about the TEF can be found here: https://www.timeshighereducation.com/news/teaching-excellence-framework-tef-everything-you-need-to-know)
- •My friend and I joined our uni Labour society at Hyde Park and we marched to the Houses of Parliaments alongside 15000 students, further and higher education staff (and even the Scottish Communist party.)