A FATHER'S DAY PLAYLI.ST
Because I am a horrible daughter, my Father's Day present isn't arriving until tomorrow so I made my dad a playlist for today of his all his favourite songs. It's his first time on Spotify so he's a bit confused. You can check it out if you're into dad music: https://open.spotify.com/user/a.mulholland98/playlist/5pCZ2PDz30eS5qQwOe42yq
- •Marrakech Express - Crosby, Stills & Nash
- •Good Vibrations - The Beach BoysMy dad always had Smile by Brian Wilson in our car's CD player when I was a kid and this was our favourite. We smashed those harmonies.
- •Sarah - Thin LizzyMy dad's ex-wife is called Sarah and my mam is also called Sarah LOL
- •The Irish Rover - The Pogues ft. The DublinersThe Pogues are probably my dad's all time favourite band. His proudest achievement is that he once went on stage at a Pogues gig with a bunch of people from the audience and got to 'sing' with Shane MacGowan.
- •Dirty Old Town - The PoguesI think there's some unwritten rule in Irish families that this song must feature on every party playlist??
- •The Dean and I - 10cc
- •Reelin' In The Years - Steely DanUltimate dad band
- •Norwegian Wood - The BeatlesHis favourite Beatles song. Excellent choice too.
- •Shout To The Top - The Style Council
- •Oh! You Pretty Things - David BowieThe most emotional I've ever seen my dad was when I had to tell him that Bowie had died. 💔 (apart from the time we saw Les Mis at the cinema and he cried for a good 20 mins afterwards)
- •The King of Rock N Roll - Prefab Sprout
- •Walk Out To Winter - Aztec CameraThere was originally a dude called Dave Mulholland in this band and my dad is convinced we're related to him
- •Wonderwall- OasisHe's actually a brilliant guitar player but my dad is definitely a "anyway here's Wonderwall" kind of guy at a party
- •Where Do You Go to (My Lovely) - Peter SarstedtTo me, this sounds like someone has created a faux-French folk tune for a Stella Artois advert but hey my dad loves it
- •Down In The Tube Station at Midnight - The Jam
- •Molly Malone - The DublinersMy dad is 3rd generation Irish (with a bit of Northern Irish thrown in there too) and he will NOT let you forget that
- •Waterloo Sunset - The KinksHis favourite lyric of all time and with good reason. What a beautiful song 💘