ACTS I SAW AT CREAMFIELDS
(Photos aren't mine)
- •Creamfields is a big music festival in my town. It features a whole range of dance acts - EDM, dubstep, trance etc. Because we live in the local area, we get free tickets.I loved showing my "£0.00" ticket to people that had paid over £200 to get in. I am an awful person.
- •I love festivals and I've been to a few before but I know virtually nothing about dance music. I told my friends to choose whoever they wanted to see and I'd go along.This is very different from other festivals where I've usually planned an itinerary a week before we go and my friends are dragged along with me.
- •We saw loads of acts but these are the sets that we watched the whole way through.
- •Robin SchulzStarted with this guy. It was an average set, to be honest, and the crowd wasn't super into it.
- •Above and BeyondThis one was so much fun. It was almost like some kind of cult; at one point everyone was chanting "WE ARE FREE" and the words were lighting up on the stage behind the DJs. Crazy but fun.
- •AviciiHeadlined the Saturday night for what was apparently his last ever UK festival set. Whilst I never listen to Avicii, it was an upbeat crowd and he's got plenty of hits that everyone knew.
- •DJ EZI feel like I see this guy at the end of the night at every festival I go to. Seriously, this must've been at least the 4th time I've seen him. He does remixes of big dance, hip hop and pop hits so it's a fun way to finish the night. Plus I'm here for any act that plays Skepta and JME.
- •Duke DumontThe first set we saw on the Sunday. He was playing the main stage but the crowd was surprisingly small.
- •Paul Van DykThis was a TQ recommendation and the set did not disappoint. A Spanish woman in the crowd tapped me on the shoulder and asked whereabouts in Spain I was from and I almost cried with happiness. I mean, it was dark so she couldn't see how pale I actually am but it was a great compliment nonetheless.
- •Annie MacI love Annie's show on Radio 1 and I listen to it most nights. She's one of the coolest women in music right now. Started and ended the set with a remix of Rinse and Repeat which is still sounding great, no matter how much it's been overplayed this summer.
- •Calvin HarrisI really wanted to see Fatboy Slim but he was headlining another stage at the same time as Calvin, who my friends wanted to see. Although I was gutted to miss Fatboy Slim, I actually really enjoyed this set. I wasn't expecting to have such a good time. Finished with a remix of Daft Punk's One More Time which was fun.
- •Am I a certified raver yet?