FAVOURITE MANCHESTER MUSIC VENUES
I live in a town outside of Manchester, so most of the gigs I go to are in the city. This was inspired by the Lianne La Havas gig I went to Friday night (seriously I am in LOVE)
- •Albert HallSaw Kodaline and Lianne La Havas here. Probably my favourite venue on this list. It's an old chapel converted into a concert hall and it has beautiful acoustics because of that!! It's just the right size too (there's me and Lianne just hanging out)
- •The Deaf InstituteSaw Gabrielle Aplin here. So cutesy and charming- look at that wallpaper!! It's like going to a gig in someone's living room (It has this strange name because it was once a school for deaf children in the 19th century before becoming derelict for years)
- •The ApolloSaw Ed Sheeran here. The biggest venue on this list (I think).
- •The RitzSaw Haim here. Classic Manchester venue. Sticky, sweaty, loud and a little bit tatty but that's what makes it so great ❤️
- •GorillaSaw Clean Bandit and Matt Corby here. Small room above a bar, opposite the Ritz. It's got a nice relaxed vibe and they let you take your own drinks in which is great for a half broke student like me.
- •Honourable mentions:Academy 1 &2, Sound Control, The Ruby Lounge