FIVE STAGES OF POST-HAIRCUT EMOTIONS
- •ExcitementMy new haircut looks great! Look how short it is, look how well it frames my face! Just think of all the things I can do now I don't have to spend so much time washing and drying it!
- •UncertaintyOoh that's a bad angle. Does my hair always look like that? Was a middle parting a bad idea? What if I hate it in a week? Does it make me look 10 years old? HOW WILL I STYLE IT?
- •RegretWhat have I done? My hair will never be the same again. I've just ruined months worth of growing and taming. How could I have done this so flippantly? A haircut is a BIG decision. God I can't be trusted with anything.
- •AcceptanceWell, that's it I guess. It will grow back. I've made my bed now I'll have to lie in it. I'll just tie it up and try not to cry at that tiny, pathetic ponytail.
- •ComfortYou know what? I LOVE my tiny ponytail. And everyone else should too.