MY FAVOURITE ALBUMS OF ALL TIME
Sponsored by my New Year's Day hangover
- •I love this list request but it was so difficult to narrow down 😅 I feel like as soon as I post this I'll remember another brilliant album, but this is my list for now!
- •Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not - Arctic MonkeysI've already written about how much I love this album but it is so so good
- •Definitely Maybe - OasisI wouldn't be a true Northerner without putting an Oasis album on this list. This is my most treasured and most played vinyl.
- •The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill - Lauryn HillThere is not a bad song on this album. Not one.
- •Bookends - Simon & GarfunkelI absolutely love Simon & Garfunkel and this album features one of my favourite songs ever, America.
- •Is This It - The StrokesNo matter how much I listen to this it will never get old.
- •I Had The Blues But I Shook Them Loose - Bombay Bicycle ClubFirst band I saw live. Their new stuff is equally brilliant but this debut album has a special place in my heart. It features another of my favourite songs, Lamplight.
- •Illmatic - NasI'm a huge fan of Nas' lyrics and this album has some of his best. (I'm realising this list has a lot of debut albums??)
- •Salad Days - Mac DeMarcoNot the most technically brilliant or complex album but it's a personal favourite. Reminds me of a guy who was 💩 but had great taste in music.
- •Is Your Love Big Enough? - Lianne La HavasI feel like I talk about this artist all the time! I was obsessed with this album from the first time I heard it and I remember playing it over and over again on holiday in Kefalonia.
- •Back To Black - Amy WinehouseA beautiful voice and incredible song writing skills. 💔
- •Off The Wall - Michael JacksonProbably one of the best pop albums ever. Quincy Jones' production is genius. I love Thriller too but I think this one just beats it (pun intended)
- •Days Are Gone - HaimI love love love this band. Their gig was one of my favourites and this album always cheers me up.