Inspired by @alanarogerrrrs and her NZ list! NW England represent ✌️
- •BuzzinExcited, stoked
- •ProperReally, very. As in "I'm proper buzzin for tonight"
- •DeadSame as above ☝
- •Chuck/duckTerm of endearment. As in "thanks, chuck"
- •CockTerm of endearment, believe it or not. As in "Alright, cock?"
- •Our kidClose friend or sibling. I almost never hear my uncle get called by his real name because he's always "our kid"
- •Mither (pronounced like m-eye-ther)Bother. As in "stop mithering me!" or "I can't be mithered"
- •SoundGreat, cool
- •WoolScouse term for anyone from the surrounding area outside of Liverpool. Like me 🙋
- •JibFinish something, leave something. As in "I jibbed off school"
- •StropTantrum, as in "Our kid's throwing a strop and I can't be mithered"
- •Pissing it downRaining heavily
- •Pissing aboutMessing around, causing trouble
- •Fannying aroundWasting time, being generally unproductive
- •The BacksThe alleys at the back of terraced houses- like this. When I was a kid I'd play out in these with my friends, but when it was dark it was terrifying 😱