PLEASE DON'T REFER TO THE UK AS 'ENGLAND'
I saw a 'thread' on Twitter called 'shit I don't understand about England' yet the person kept referring to Brits and Britain??¿¿
- •Before I start, I'm sure most of you List App lovelies are aware of this and if you're not, I forgive you, it's ok ❤️
- •England = this little place here
- •It is not the same thing as the UK. There are other countries in the United Kingdom.
- •Great Britain = the island of England, Scotland and WalesThe one in blue
- •The UK = Great Britain and Northern IrelandLook someone even labelled the countries for us!
- •Britain and The UK = ok to use interchangeably 👌Brits/ British is all good
- •Just don't forget the Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish!! I'm English and this annoys me so I can imagine it annoys them too
- •And while we're at it, the Republic of Ireland is not a part of the UK!
- •It's a long, complicated history between Britain and Ireland but ROI is a completely separate country (politically at least) to both Northern Ireland and the rest of the UKThey have a separate government and currency
- •Although I should note that many Northern Irish people refer to themselves as Irish (or Northern Irish) rather than British - this is a personal thing and they have the option to identify as either nationality on passports, official forms etc
- •Talking about England or English people specifically? England/ English = 👍
- •Talking about anywhere outside of England/ someone that is Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish? England/English = 👎
- •Hope this was helpful and not just me being whiny 😘🇬🇧❤️