THINGS I (A BRIT) DON'T UNDERSTAND ABOUT THE U.S.
SO MANY QUESTIONS. I would love to see someone do this about the UK (American or not) so let me know if you've done any lists like this before 🇬🇧❤️🇺🇸
- •TelevangelismDo people watch this? Does it genuinely make a difference?
- •High school/college sportsIs this as serious as Friday Night Lights suggests? Do that many people really watch it? Is it actually televised? (I can't remember anyone except for the PE teachers going to watch a rugby/ football match at my school)
- •The political systemWhat do you do if you don't want to vote Republican or Democrat? Does this ever happen? Do independents ever have a reasonable chance?
- •The legal drinking ageHow come it's 21? Who thought this was a good idea? What do you do to get around it? Does everyone just use fake IDs?
- •Opposition to universal/free health careIs this wide spread opposition or just a Republican thing? What are the issues with Obamacare?
- •Pledging allegianceDoes everyone do this at school? Is it a regular thing or a special occasion thing?
- •PassportsIs the percentage of Americans with passports really that low? Do you need passports to travel around North America? Do you holiday in the U.S. or just not holiday at all?
- •TeaWHY DO SOME PEOPLE MAKE IT IN A MICROWAVE? This is genuinely upsetting for me