THINGS I WAS INTO LAST MONTH
I've done one of these lists every month of 2016 so far and I'm not gonna give up now, even if it's a week late. Soz.
- •Whitney - Light Upon The LakeThis was the only album I had on my phone during my interrail trip so I got to know it pretty well. It's laid back, summery indie (with elements of country too) and perfect for traveling.
- •Parquet Courts - Human PerformanceFinally got round to listening to this properly. Still waiting for Parquet Courts to release a dud song.
- •Nao - For All We KnowThis only came out at the end of the month but I thought I'd include it because when am I not into Nao?? I've looked forward to this album all year and it well and truly lives up to the hype
- •PresidentialMy #1 podcast of the moment. Lillian Cunningham from the Washington Post has curated a mini biography, featuring interviews with historians and biographers, for each of the US presidents. She's releasing one a week until Election Day. US history is already my favourite but I love the way this podcast explores the concept of the American presidency. It's fascinating to see how different it is to other leadership roles, even when compared with our Prime Minister here in the UK.
- •My interrail tripDid I mention I went interrailing? Ha ha ha jk I talk about it 24/7. Here I am rocking that double backpack chic at our hostel in Budapest.
- •Muji notepadsSo sleek and cool. I feel like I could be a lifestyle blogger when I use these.
- •Li.st book recommendationsThis app never lets me down. I ended up choosing @reallybadtiming's suggestion of The Secret History by Donna Tartt for my holiday read!
- •My new phoneIt's an iPhone SE and it's the first upgrade I've had in 4 and a half years, which, according to my friends, makes me an old granny. I can finally see all the emojis now 🤓🙄🖕🦄🍾🤑
- •MY BEST PALS 💘Just the three best people in the world (one not pictured lol, I'm not insane). Maybe it's because we're all going to be moving away soon or maybe it's just because I'm super hormonal right now, but I really am feeling very lucky to have such a great relationship with these fools.