THINGS THAT ALWAYS CHEER ME UP
Yesterday was the most hormonal/emotional day I've had in a long time so I cheered myself up by thinking about all the things that make me happy ✨💫💕☀️
- •Lying on my bed and listening to an album in its entirety.It can be one I've listened to a million times before or one just released. I love actually taking time to listen to the lyrics and not just singing along (which I do most of the time)
- •Taking a walk and listening to a podcast.Yesterday I walked to college listening to an Eleanor Roosevelt documentary and it was surprisingly calming
- •Going for a run.This year I ran a 10k as a family fundraiser in memory of my uncle and now I've got the running bug (sort of). I usually go when my friend can motivate me to go with her but it feels so good when I finish, even if my face remains tomato coloured for a good few hours afterwards 🍅😳
- •Watching a movie.Duvet + snacks + a film = 😍. Yesterday I watched Back to the Future II (obvs)
- •Eating something healthy.Sometimes you feel like you just need a load of vitamins and iron...
- •OR eating something unhealthy.and sometimes you just really need a takeaway or a roast dinner. Basically any form of food cheers me up
- •Taking a shower.Ok this might sound pretty simple and mundane but taking a long shower or bath always makes me feel better. I love getting into pyjamas afterwards too
- •Organising my thoughts.I used to write in journals a lot but now I can list on here too!! Also organising folders, writing to do lists for college can calm me down and clear my head a bit.