THOUGHTS WHILST RE READING HARRY POTTER (THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE)
I haven't read the Harry Potter series since I was 12 y/o. 😱 Starting again from the beginning.
- •The opening chapters are so much funnier than I remember"Aunt Petunia often said that Dudley looked like a baby angel - Harry often said that Dudley looked like a pig in a wig"
- •"I never know," Harry called to Hagrid over the noise of the cart, "what's the difference between a stalagmite and a stalactite?""Stalagmite's got an 'm' in it," CLASSIC HAGRID lolz
- •"Go on, have a pasty," said Harry, who had never had anything to share before or, indeed, anyone to share it with.Well this line just broke my heart
- •What do Hogwarts students do on the weekend?
- •Do wizards ever watch TV?
- •When I first read these I thought Percy and Hermione would get together (?!)I have no idea why. I'm glad they didn't.
- •What happens to Percy in the other books? I can't remember him being featured so much in the others
- •Dumbledore is significantly less 'wacky' in the filmsI'm a huge Gambon fan though, I like the more subtle Dumbledore character
- •Christmas at Hogwarts sounds AMAZING. Sign me up.
- •I find it hilarious that Uncle Vernon and Aunt Petunia go to the effort of sending Harry a note with a 50 pence sellotaped to the back of it for ChristmasLike they didn't have to send him anything, did they just want to make the point that they were mean and hated Harry?
- •Can students from other houses hang out in each other's common rooms? Or is that not the done thing?What happens with inter-house relationships?!
- •This outfit is so funky