Favorite Tv Shows
It was hard to narrow it to just ten.
- •FriendsThis was my obvious first choice. I was a little late to the game when it came to "Friends", but ever since I binged watched the entire series the summer before my senior year in high school, I've become a fanatic. If you haven't seen this show, you're seriously missing out. But don't worry-- the entire series is on Netflix.
- •That 70's ShowAnother classic. Definitely a good watch...I have many memories of watching this show with my friends. We all lived for a good Kelso BUURRRNNN!!! Humor is fantastic. Highly recommended.
- •Criminal MindsI never thought I would be into a show like "Criminal Minds", because I thought I'd get freaked out. However, after watching several episodes with my friend Tara while on vacation at Captiva Island, I went home and binge watched the series on Netflix. I fell in love, and now I tune in every single week with my friend Shauna to watch the latest episode. The show is highly addicting. It's perfect for all you detectives out there. Warning: some episodes are very disturbing.
- •Sleepy HollowOkay, I realize that not many people have heard of this one. It's not the most popular TV series out there, but I find it very intriguing. A man wakes up after being cast into a spell induced coma for a century, only to find out he was sent to the present time to help stop the upcoming apocalypse. The show involves a lot of history and biblical references, along with monsters and ghosts, which I find fascinating. But hey, it's not for everyone.
- •Game of ThronesAgain, I was really late to the game when it came to this one. I figured I would see what all the hype around this show was about, so I started watching the first few episodes on HBO Now, and before I knew it, I had caught up on all 5 seasons. I'm know desperately waiting for season 6 to premiere on April 24. The show is a fantasy genre, provocative, action-packed and drama filled. and And if you're wondering, Daeneyrs is my favorite.
- •Celebrity ApprenticeThe first reality show to top the list. I began watching in middle school with my parents, and followed ever since. Something about watching Donald Trump fire celebrities really makes for good entertainment. Plus, it's good to see all the money being earned go to charity. If you like drama, celebrities, and watching people work, this show is for you.
- •Scream QueensOkay I know this show has only aired one season so far, but I'm obsessed with it. To be honest, I thought the idea of a serial killer killing people who are involved in a sorority sounded kind of stupid, but once you start watching you become immediately engaged with the stupid humor, drama, and antics of the show. Not only is the cast celeb-filled, but the show is SOOO out-there, that it actually becomes even funnier. I encourage everyone to watch Season 2 this fall.
- •Full HouseThis one is just a classic. I grew up with the show, and I still watch it every time I see it on TV. I desperately wished I could've been in the Tanner family as a child, and Mary-Kate and Ashley were my heroes. I even binged watched the sequel series, "Fuller House", on Netflix in one day. I could never not enjoy this show. Definitely a special one.
- •Punk'dI'm not talking about the failed remake version where a celebrity hosts each episode, I'm taking about the classic version where Ashton Kutcher hosts every episode and pranks different celebrities. This show is a classic, and I wish I knew of a place where I could watch every season. Who doesn't like watching their favorite celebrities getting seriously pranked and freaking out? I know I do.
- •Saturday Night LiveI freaking love SNL. Not only because you get to see a new celebrity host each week, but because of the show's history of incredible comedians, and infamous jokes. If you didn't know, many great actors and actresses got their start on SNL: Steve Martin, Eddie Murphy, Will Ferrell, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler and Kristen Wiig to name a few. Every Saturday night at 10:30, you can be assured that SNL will be live from New York. Also, some seasons are on Netflix, which is totally awesome.
- •Parks and RecreationThis is an add-on as of July 2016. I just finished binge watching this show on Netflix, and it's the best thing in the entire world. My favorite character is April Ludgate because 1) Aubrey Plaza is amazing and 2) I have been told I'm the less dark version of April. Plus, April + Andy are the best TV couple ever. If you haven't watched Parks & Rec, you're missing out BIG TIME!!!