Things I've learned in my first semester of law school
- •I may have been a big fish in a small pondI didn't think that I thought I was usually the smartest person in the room, but maybe I did? I might be an asshole?
- •Graduate school is, in fact, a full time jobThis is the first time in my teen/adult life I haven't had a paying job and I'm working more than ever.
- •Free lunches in exchange for meeting attendance is a great dealIf you can sit on a laptop during the club meeting. Averaging at least one free lunch a week
- •Imposter syndrome can start before you even enter a field"Hey, future lawyers!" Please stop pressuring me, people. One step at a time.
- •I am more afraid of failure than I thought I wasI've never actually failed at anything. I quit things I felt I wasn't good at, but even then I was usually okay at them
- •I'm also terrified of letting people I love downI thought coming out as a democrat upset my parents, I can't imagine what fucking up law school would do to them
- •I entirely too hard on myself and if I need to listen to show tunes to survive then I should just listen to my damn show tunes
- •Good luck on midterms