IUD: A TIMELINE
Warning: TMI ahead. For the record, it was Mirena, and this is my first time and I have had no children.
- •Picking out my outfit -- went with leggings and a sorority tshirt because I wanted to feel #safe
- •Ok I'm here. Maybe I should start snapchatting this journey.You know, for transparency and stuff. I ended up sending the snaps to just a handful of girlfriends rather than making a story. I thought maybe I'd spare the men / acquaintances who follow me.
- •In the exam room -- undressed from the waist down and sitting under a paper sheet. Kept my socks though.
- •Doctor comes in -- HER NAME IS DR. HACK 😶She was actually delightful.
- •Still snapping, but really uncomfortable now. Legs in the air, plastic instruments being inserted.
- •Her. "Now you'll feel a little bit of cramping, cramping....and PAIN, PAIN"Understatement. It feels like someone stuck a finger up inside me and is slowly scratching their way out through my belly.
- •Me: 🔥😨😭😡😡😡
- •Me: "I AM NEVER HAVING CHILDREN EVER WHAT IS THIS."
- •*is no longer snapping*
- •*is curled up in a fetal position on the paper bed*
- •Dr: "You can stay there as long as you need to..."
- •Me: "yep."
- •I walk home. Very slowly. Stays in fetal position for several hours.
- •My saving graces:
- •It's now the next day and I am still in pain, though it feels more like a really bad cramp than anything else.It's worse when I'm wearing pants or leggings. Or walking. Or sitting up.