Things I Did Today At Work #SaturdayLibrarian
Never a dull day at the Public Library
- •Put a Danielle Steel book on hold for an elderly lady who already had it on hold.
- •Tried to help a young man looking for info on Investment Banking, when really he wanted accademic sources and text books.
- •Chatted with the formerly homeless veteran who brought us flowers, and who is about to take the train to OK to visit his son.
- •Created a list of books for someone who wants to learn more about Virginia.
- •Fixed links from photos of the garden tools (in our garden tool lending library) to their records in the catalog.
- •Told a woman that no, working the Reference Desk was not a volunteer position - it takes a lot of training, so we do get paid for it.