My Run-ins With Possums
Inspired by @nashvillekvetch
- •From ages 15-21 I worked at a small locally owned amusement park up in the hills in Upstate NY. I worked in the ice cream stand, the kitchen and usually worked closing shifts because I had my own car.
- •When I was 16 I ran over a possum and I had never seen one before and was incredibly naive about this and naive about knowing that they're literally all over the area I live in.
- •A smartass that I worked with told me that they were endangered.
- •So I called the local nature preserve crying explaining what I had done. And they were like whatever you and everyone else around here that drives and night and doesn't want to swerve off the hills avoiding those skinny tailed fuckers.
- •And I felt a little better.