Update: Morning Coffee Date Finally Happened
I'll start from the beginning
- •So this all begins on like March 30I messaged him on Bumble and he messaged me back and classic Ali, I forget to respond. Then he messages again and says was I too boring and does this funny thing asking me a trivia question because in my bio I have written that I like trivia. Usually a follow up message is annoying but I appreciated his effort and it was cute and I got the question right.
- •We talk on Bumble for a couple of days then he makes the suggestion that we switch to texting and gives me his numberWe have pretty witty banter going and i'm learning a decent amount about him. He suggests coffee April 2. See this post You Guys the Morning Coffee Date Canceled at 7:17 This Morning
- •That didn't come about and at first I was just like eh better than being ghosted I guess.But he follows up saying how bad he feels and says he especially feels bad because he's going out of town to Raleigh for a week and wanted to meet first.
- •So now I'm kind of hopeful againAnd he continues this streak by checking in every other day so I kind of took that as him being like I'm still interested don't give up yet. But what do I know.
- •Then he suggests we go to a driving range sometime and more seriously suggests getting dinner when he's back, taking us to this past week
- •I let him know my schedule and he says he'll get back to me with his.
- •But then it's like Wednesday and I'm like 👀
- •So I'm like hey how's your week and I tell him a funny story about mine and I'm like any fun plans this weekend and he says he's just working on his house and would I like get coffee Saturday
- •Then he's like or we could do full breakfast and I love breakfast more than anything so I'm all about that.
- •So last night we confirm then today he texts me at 10:30 and he's like excited to see you at 11.
- •We meet outside and he hugs me and we go sit and we talk pretty consistently throughout
- •I realize I prefer drinks or coffee for a first meeting bc there's so much to talk about and it's hard to eat and do that
- •The only weird thing was he asked what my roommates were up to today and I mentioned they were at a farmers market and he had a genuine oh shit look on his face and was like I forgot I'm meeting my mom at 1 and have to pick up something first.So that's either real or a get out of jail card to be done early
- •Most dates I've been on have been like 2+ hours sometimes going to 4 but then again none of those have panned out anywaysSo we'll see
- •He did walk me to my car and hugged me goodbye and said we'd talk later today
- •To be continued