Cherished Emerson Mems
Happy birthday @emersonr
- •Meeting her for the first timeI was in town for a high school journalism conference, coco was in Uganda and we both missed her so much. We connected immediately. I still remember sitting with her outside the grind and feeling so safe and happy
- •Her picking me up from AmtrakWhen I was a senior in high school and visiting UNC she and coco picked me up and we got frozen yogurt on the way home. It felt so "college" and magical
- •The way she took good care of me during my first yearWe had so many talks that year that were so comforting to me, drinking spiked sweet tea and talking about school
- •Emerson taking me to Harris Teeter when I was a first yearI felt so out of sorts, wondering when I'd start to feel at home here. She took me to Harris Teeter where I felt at home (the grocery store is the same everywhere) and we listened to Taylor Swift in the car
- •Her Dixie Chicks themes 21stCoco broke multiple wine glasses! We watched the concert movie and belted out the words to each song. I felt so happy.
- •Every mountain tripSo magical and safe. Sledding, hiking, reading.
- •Leaving a party early to jump on a trampolineA fun, carefree summer day
- •Desire mappingTo be whole is to make space. We are snacks and figured out life goals while listening to the new Selena Gomez
- •So many more
- •I love you so much