Things That Have Failed to Destroy Me
Hahaha jokes on you!! I made it! I'm still here!
- •Every math class I have ever takenMultiplication tables, algebra, the SATs- they've all tried to take me down but I still got into college!!
- •The past weekWhat a fuckin garbage week filled w tears and heartbreak! But I'm still here!! With thanks to the deep love of my kind patient friends and family.
- •The North Carolina DMVI got a license and have never had an accident, you sexist creeps. Though to be fair there have been some close calls.
- •MockingjaySeeing your favorite characters completely destroyed is the worst but it has since taught me to never read the third book in a YA dystopia trilogy.
- •Generalized anxiety disorderForced me to starve myself as an child but I made it through. I got older, bigger, and more protective of my heart and body.
- •The third gradeIt was a hard year
- •Countless hard drive crashesIt's happened twice a year since I started college and the Apple people have no idea why
- •Many gross ear maladiesImagine hearing the new Beyoncé album for the first time with only one working ear! A true tragedy!
- •When things are hard I think it is helpful to think of your child self and remember that you need to protect and love her, yourself