BOOKS I'VE READ IN 2016 (APRIL/MAY EDITION)
- •All the Single Ladies - Rebecca TraisterI listened to the audiobook, which to be honest, got a little dull. The subject itself is crazy interesting and is more suited to a paper version. Features my fav podcasters, Aminatou Sow & Anne Friedman
- •The Stranger Beside Me - Ann RuleOh god I went on a true crime audiobook binge 😳 scary and chilling
- •Newtown - Matthew LysiakListened to the audiobook as well. Gripping and horrifying. Journalistic slant which is good.
- •My Brilliant Friend - Elena FerranteI listened to the audiobook, which I recommend because some of the Italian pronunciations will not come easy. I fucking loved this book. Definitely in my top 10 of the year.
- •Green River, Running Red - Ann RuleTBH I liked the stranger beside me better. This wasn't as humanized and was more removed. Still horrifying tho. I audio booked this
- •Helter Skelter: The True Story of the Manson Murders - Vincent BuglioskiToo opinionated but I loved the weird Beatles connection. Audiobook.
- •The Girls - Emma ClineMy friend gave me an advanced copy and I blew threw it. Awesome easy read. If you live in Brooklyn, the author will be at Word Bookstore on the 14th!