FIRST MAJOR NEWS STORY I REMEMBER LIVING THROUGH AS A CHILD
Inspired by @Peace_Out_List
- •One thousand percent over its September 11.
- •I was in second grade. Kids were taken out of school but I stayed.
- •My parents offered to discuss the news with me but I was too scared to know what happened.
- •At night, we went outside and lit a candle on our porch during a national moment of silence. The wax stayed stuck in our porch for years after. A reminder of what happened.
- •Later, as I got older, I became kinda obsessed with it. I read so many news stories & watched so many documentaries.
- •Trying to make sense of what happened. Trying to make sense of how my life changed.
- •Now I work just a few blocks away from where it happened. And I just can't imagine it.
- •If you have a chance, visit the monument. Remember those killed and injured.
- •It still hurts in New York. And it still hurts in a lot of places still terrorized by those who aren't accepting of others.