MY BRAND OF FEMININITY
Inspired by @Boogie et al (I love this list idea!)
- •I grew up as a girly girl. I remember loving dance and pink and dresses and the movie Pollyanna (no joke)
- •And I love feeling feminine still. I love girl world, I immerse myself in it as much as humanly possible.
- •So if I'm feeling my best, this is what we got:
- •Dewy, low maintenance makeupPretty much just concealer, highlight, eyebrow gel & either mascara or eyeliner.
- •Gel manicures are my kryptoniteGood lord I wish I could afford these all the time. Obvi I can't.
- •Shaved pits & sometimes shaved legsI tried not shaving my armpits, it got annoying. My legs get let go, like I just don't care. I'll groom my lady area but yo I'm not a hairless cat okay?
- •Sweet dresses like this
- •High waisted, curve hugging pants 🙏Literally nothing makes me feel more powerful and cute.
- •Comfortable heelsA lotta these are clogs or mules
- •Unlined bras and high waisted underwearThis one is ideal TBH
- •I'm hourglass shaped and I like to embrace that.
- •Being feminine to me is being soft and a little squishy.I embrace my belly and I load up on coconut oil.
- •I feel very ruled by my emotions and to be honest, I live by my cycle.I feel like that's sorta counter to old school feminism, admitting that my period really affects me, but it does. It really does.
- •I also very much want to be a mother. Good god I have baby fever like crazy and I'm only 22.It's def not happening any time soon but I loooove little kids and cannot wait to have a lol family of my own.
- •I think embracing and honoring all of this is really important as a feminist.
- •I can be equal to men while embracing the part of me that's feminine.
- •I can also honor that other people that identify as women may choose to embrace and define femininity.
- •We don't have to do the same shit as other women 🙏Our different definitions of feminist are beautiful. Look at other lists of this title pls 💖