My Skincare Holy Grails
(Because we could all use a little distraction today, right? I'd love to see yours!)
- •So about a year ago, I started to get deep into skincare. I just moved to New York, and I was finding that the daily grime my skin was exposed to was not working for me. So I tried a bazillion products. These are the ones that stuck.
- •Mario Badescu Drying LotionThis is VITAL if you have acne. Basically, when you feel a zit under the surface, you dip a q-tip in the drying lotion and wear this overnight. Your pimples will shrink by the next morning. Do NOT pick your zits after (even if it tempts ya!).
- •Glossier's Milky JellyI ride or die for this cleanser. It's gentle, cheaper than the Arbonne one I had been using and has a yummy scent. I think most of Glossier's products are hype at this point, but nothing can stop me from worshipping this cleanser.
- •Dr. Bronner's Peppermint ToothpasteSo I have pretty nasty hormonal acne on my chin. My toothpaste, though, had a sulfate in it, which definitely made the acne worse. This has no weird chemicals, no bad aftertaste and includes coconut oil which is v. on trend. One thing: I think the coconut oil may be clogging my drain?
- •Coconut oil as shaving creamDO NOT PUT COCONUT OIL ON YOUR FACE, IT'S COMEDOGENIC. But you can put it on your legs or pits, wherever you shave. This was per @dena, who has amazing beauty suggestions. It's amazing if you have sensitive skin and think shaving cream is hooey. (Aka, it's amazing if you're me!)
- •The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid SerumThis serum (which goes on before moisturizer and after toner) gives me the juiciest, plumpest skin. I am full on obsessed.
- •Bliss Triple Oxygen Energizing Foaming MaskSmells amazing, feels even better. My holy grail mask for years because it brightens and softens skin in five minutes. 🤗
- •M-61 PowerGlow PeelI am wayyyyyy to broke to afford this but it's the only chemical exfoliant that actually seems to help my skin. Use after cleansing, before serums and moisturizer like once a week. It brightens with glycolic acid & helps with acne via salicylic acid. SCIENCE!
- •I'm feeling pretty eh about my moisturizer. I've tried a few this year: Clinique, Glossier, Neutrogena and Arbonne. I believe Cerave uses macadamia oil, otherwise I'd try that. Any suggestions?
- •I don't do eye cream, and I often think most sheet masks are the same (except Dr Jart, which are nice). Did I forget anything?