THINGS YOU MIGHT FIND IN A JAPANESE CONVENIENCE STORE
A small top ten from a fun request!
- 1.MeI still regret walking out of the first one dad and I wandered in to.
- 2.Kids reading thick magazines of this week/month's mangaIt's a very common thing to stand in that aisle of the convenience store and read!
- 3.Various collector boxes from popular series at the timePokemon finger puppets with tiny candies, collectable Neon Genesis Evangelion figures...
- 4.Anime themed candyMy dad and I love this soda candy that is still being advertised with Attack on Titan characters on it.
- 5.CUSTARD BUNSSoft and tasty and shelved with other bready sweets
- 6.Singular bananasBasically the easiest fruit to find in Japan and occasionally only fruit
- 7.Special brands of vending machine drinksMy personal favorite being a milk tea called "The Pungency"
- 8.Yakisoba bunsBasically a hot dog bun with Yakisoba noodles in the middle. So tasty and soft!!
- 9.so many cup noodlesThere is always an entire aisle dedicated to instant ramen, from UFO giant brand bowls to classic seafood flavored cup noodles.
- 10.A very strange soundtrack playing overheadThough I like a good deal of Japanese music... The Japanese version of "Let It Go" from Frozen gets played too frequently.
- 11.Royal Milk Tea.It's what I got hooked on my first time in Japan.Suggested by @josh
- 12.An excellent array of yogurts and those tiny plastic spoons.Suggested by @madeline
- 13.Cans of really good draft sake$13 at the ramen place down the street from @alien and me. $1.65 in the convenience store.Suggested by @EricElkins