MY FAVOURITE WAYS TO EAT AVOCADOS
I literally just had option 1 for lunch.
- 1.By itselfVery little prep involved! I like to cut it in half length-wise and eat it straight out of the peel with a spoon. Even better with a little bit of lemon juice or salt sprinkled on top. If you don't want to eat the entire thing you can save the other half in the fridge for the next day. In this case it's best to save the avocado half with the pit b/c the pit helps keep the avocado as fresh as possible.
- 2.In smoothie formA great breakfast option and perfect for a busy day. I like to blend a banana, an avocado and some spinach, with Greek yogurt and orange juice. Thicker than average consistency for a typical smoothie, but v delicious. Also turns out to be a green smoothie, which will make you feel more put together than you actually are when u drink it.
- 3.In a sandwichThe perfect way to take a sandwich from 0➡️100. I highly recommend thin slices of avocado for this option because they'll fit well between the slices of bread but it'll still feel like you're eating an avocado and not guacamole.
- 4.As guacamole w/ nachos or pita chipsThe best way to eat avocados as a snack! I prefer the minimalist approach when it comes to guac (i.e. avocado, lemon/lime juice + a pinch of salt) but there's tons of options. Don't underestimate the importance of nailing that textured dip consistency👌🏾
- 5.As a spread on toast w/ an egg on topThis one is more time consuming but well worth it. As opposed to guacamole, the avocado should be reduced to more of a smooth butter consistency to make it v easy to spread onto the toast. I prefer an egg cooked over-easy to top this off but a normal fried egg or just egg whites will also work well. Tastes best when eaten immediately after prep 👍🏾