WHAT I'VE LEARNED ABOUT UNIVERSITY SO FAR
I'm currently in my third year of an undergrad degree, and this is advice I've sought out for myself along the way.
- •Go to classTrust me on this one.
- •Don't major in something just to please your parentsJust don't do this. You deserve to pursue an education in a field you enjoy. And if you don't know what you like, that's completely ok, that's part of the adventure!
- •Surround yourself with supportive peopleI cannot stress this enough, especially if you move away from your hometown for school. The right people can get you through anything and will be there to celebrate the good with you too. S/o to my roommate @sabrinakristine for being my #1, always 🙂
- •Embrace changeIf something in your life isn't working for you - friend groups, routines, living situations, even majors - don't be afraid to change it.
- •Getting involved is cool!The easiest way to feel more comfortable at a big campus is to get involved in a student group. It's fun, and you'll meet people interested in the same things as you!
- •Looking after yourself is importantTake your makeup off before going to bed, buy groceries, do your laundry, eat enough food, and get enough sleep. School is stressful sometimes and looking after yourself will make it so much easier to cope when you're feeling stressed.
- •It gets betterI had an ok first year, a very rough 2nd year fall semester, and a great 2nd year winter semester. The Christmas break between my fall and winter semester in second year was the worst time ever for me because I was so anxious to go back to school after my fall semester. Thankfully the rest of the year was incredible for me and really gave me the boost I needed to approach this year with confidence. If you're struggling, hang in there, it WILL get better.