The Best Moments of Last Night's Dixie Chicks Concert
6.16.17. Hartford. Martie, Natalie and Emily. A whole night of badass, feminist awesomeness.
- •Goodbye EarlOn the screen behind them was a video of the mugshots of noted abusers throughout history, including Chris Brown and OJ Simpson, as well as a picture of Trump as the devil.
- •Natalie Maines' voiceIt's impeccable. So is her haircut.
- •Ready to RunNever ones to shy away from controversy, the accompanying video for this depicted all of the presidential hopefuls as clowns and puppets. It was perfection.
- •The Chicks themselvesI don't know if they're bathing in unicorn blood or what, but they all look fantastic.
- •Standing arm in arm with my friends during LandslideCliché as hell, but I loved it.
- •The coversFirst, they sang "Nothing Compares 2 U" in memory of Prince. Flawless. THEN, they covered Beyoncé's "Daddy Lessons" and all was right in the world.
- •Realizing I was an idiot as a teenagerNot being very politically savvy as a youth, I was one of those stupid people who boycotted the Chicks for their statement against GWB. Last night was cathartic. Bad blood was purged.