Songs From the Year I Graduated High School
Inspired by @angusisley EVERYONE SHOULD DO THIS LIST IT IS SO FUN. I also listened to completely different music.
- •Alicia Keys - Fallin'I (and all my girlfriends) practiced the opening to this song over and over again to no avail.
- •Train - Drops of JupiterI pretty much hated this song, but got it stuck in my head constantly. Still do.
- •Destiny's Child - Independent Women Part 1I thought one lyric of this song was "all the ladies makin' gravy!" and my friends made fun of me.
- •Dido - Thank YouIt was Eminem that made Dido famous in the U.S., right?
- •Blu Cantrell - Hit Em Up Style (Oops!)I vowed to learn all the words to this song and do it for karaoke. Still getting around to it. But it's seriously an awesome song! Who doesn't love a revenge fantasy?
- •Staind - It's Been A WhileUgh here's another one I totally hated but it gets stuck in my head constantly. For example: when someone says "it's been a while" this song begins to play on repeat in my head.
- •Shaggy - It Wasn't MeAn amazing song. We loved this because it was all about "bangin on the bathroom floor." Who can't relate to that? Just kidding this song was really annoying and overplayed.
- •Outkast - Ms. JacksonI really miss the days when an Outkast song came on the radio every 3-4 songs,
- •Crazy Town - ButterflyI'm pretty sure I hated this song, but had a sexy dance for it.
- •Nelly Furtado - I'm Like a BirdI pretended the lyric was, "I'm like a bird, I'll only fly away. I don't know where my hole is. I don't know where my hole is." Because I was a jokester and I had questions about birds.
- •Janet - All for YouI always thought Janet Jackson (during this era she was just Janet) was the coolest woman in the world. She seems nice too.
- •Jennifer Lopez feat. Ja Rule - I'm RealFor a while, J Lo wore that nude outfit with gemstones. It was 2001.