Things That Made Me Smile Today
- •A child rock band playing outside the store across from my bar.Surprisingly talented and badass eight year olds!!!
- •Everyone walking down Washington Ave smiling about the child rock band.
- •A great phone conversation I had with my stepdad.This is major. Father's Day is a difficult one for him since he lost his only (biological) child to a motorcycle accident two years ago. It's been a struggle for all of us to make him feel like a part of the family since my brother (the glue of our mixed family) passed away. A visit from my sister and her brand new baby made his day truly joyful.
- •The perfect Bahn Mi.
- •A surprise visit from a dear friend I hadn't seen in a while.
- •A five dollar tip from a millennial for one drink!
- •This chalk drawing.
- •The AC is working perfectly.