What I Wish I Could Do Today, What Should Be My Late Baby Brother's 26th Bday
Thinking up these things makes me miss him more, but also remember all the wonderful times we shared. I love you James. Thanks for being the best little brother who was (and somehow still is) always there for me.
- •Recreate that day 12 years ago when we walked around Boston freestyle battle rapping.
- •Show him all my favorite places in NYC, proving its not a scary awful city.
- •Listen quietly while he tells me his girl problems, and realize that I have very little advice since he's become such a thoughtful and wise man.
- •Hike one of his favorite mountains with him, trying to experience how sublime nature is to him.
- •Exchange bad jokes and hear his laugh.
- •Spend the day with him and @carlye and our baby niece Gus who just turned 6 months old.
- •Play a game or two of pool with him and his best friend Nate at Slattery's Bar and Grill.
- •Cuddle with him and our mom on her couch, then change the channel from HGTV to Comedy Central once mom falls asleep.
- •Sit around the kitchen table watching funny YouTube videos while his dad Garry makes chili.
- •Have a long conversation on the phone, him in Massachusetts, me in NYC, filling each other in on everything that's happened in our lives since we last spoke.