5 DOUCHEY HOLLYWOOD PHRASES I'M GUILTY OF UTTERING ABOUT ONCE A WEEK.
I say these things so go ahead and judge me.
- •"In her/his life"Another way to say agent or manager. Example -- "I think we should get the script to Jennifer Lawrence, who at CAA is most in her life?"
- •"Is the money real?"All indie financiers claim to have money to make movies but most don't. So the question must be begged...
- •"Is he/she meaningful?"This is asking if the actor in question can get you financing. Not if they're right for the part of if they have talent -- but simply can they help get your movie made.
- •"Can he/she cast it?"This refers to a director's ability to get a star or two to be in the picture. Of course the star must be meaningful (see above).
- •"Is it set up?"This is a screenwriting question. If a producer brings you a project you want to know if it's at a studio. Translation -- if it's set up you're being offered money to work on it, if it's not set up then you're gonna work for free in hopes of making money later.