I WAS HYPNOTIZED
I am apparently "highly hypnotizable"
- •After 3 years of trying to get into an impossibly popular Hypnosis course at my university, I finally got in!!!!
- •I can't wait for the prof to ask if anyone has ever been hypnotized because um yes hi
- •In my first year, my Research Methods class had to go to the Hypnosis Lab (yes my uni has a hypnosis lab) so we could participate in their experimentSounds a bit shady but whatevs
- •I went into it thinking naw hypnosis sounds like a fun time but it's BS
- •I WAS WRONGAlthough I learned a common misconception is that people think they can be hypnotized into doing crazy awful things. In reality you can't be hypnotized into doing anything you'd normally be opposed to
- •The experimenter counted down for a bit and the rest is kind of a blur
- •I remember being aware in the moment that I was being hypnotized and having the feeling I could get out of it if I wanted toBut I didn't want to, it was hella relaxing
- •I also remember being told there was a fly in the room and to swat at itI could hear laughter around me. Apparently I was the only one in my class to actually get hypnotized and people understandably found it to be amusing
- •At one point I was told to forget everything that had happened but that when they said a specific word I'd remember it allThis actually worked on me!
- •At the end we filled out a test so they could gauge how hypnotizable we were
- •I was apparently so hypnotizable that the experimenter told me if I ever give birth I can get hypnotized so I won't feel pain!!
- •When I one day go into labor, the delivery room will be filled with my future husband, my mother and my hypnotistI'd also like to be able to tell people I have a hypnotist