Movies that make me cry
I cry after almost every single movie I see even if it's a comedy. But the true test of whether or not I love a movie is if I sob the entire way through.
- •Mary PoppinsJulie Andrews is my religion and this movie was my entire childhood. The song Feed the Birds gives me an asthma attack due to heavy amounts of crying
- •The Sound of MusicI used to be scared of this movie as a kid?? It's now one of my favorites and I know every single song and I once stood up in a bar and sang a medley of Eidelweis, Climb Every Mountain and Favorite Things. One of the best musicals ever
- •My Big Fat Greek WeddingMy parents and I saw this movie when I was a small child and it quickly became our absolute favorite. This used to be the only movie I'd watch. My parents and I regularly say "you don't eat no meat??? That's ok, I make lamb". I cried tears of joy at their wedding and her father's speech
- •When Harry Met SallyThe most romantic and funniest movie and I want to live in their world. Also I have Sally's neurosis mixed with Harry's cynicism so I feel this movie on a personal level. And I will never get tired of the trope where two people who hate each other, slowly become best friends and fall in love
- •You've Got MailThe best ever Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan movie. I start sobbing toward the end in anticipation. My dream life is to own a tiny children's bookstore in New York so I enjoy living vicariously through this gem of a movie
- •RoomBrie Larson could impale me with her Oscar and I'd still love her. The book is one of my favorites and I didn't think the movie would do it justice but I was so wrong. Brie and Jacob were electrifying and I never cried harder than seeing Ma and Jack reunite
- •CarolI teared up at the trailer which was already a bad sign. Luckily I watched it alone so I could ugly cry without judgment. Ive never rooted for a movie couple more than Therese and Carol. Also Cate Blanchett in red lipstick 👐😍
- •Julie and JuliaAnother classic movie in my household. I don't know why but it gives me this cozy feeling like it's Christmas. Includes 3 of my faves: Meryl Streep, Amy Adams and Stanley Tucci.
- •The Parent TrapA classic favorite. As a child I watched this at camp at least 3 times a week. I used to dream about finding my long lost twin and creating elaborate handshakes. An automatic feel-good movie and the ending makes me so joyful that I cry happy tears
- •The Devil Wears PradaI remember when this movie came out. My friend asked me if I wanted to see it in theaters with her and I said no because I thought it was a horror movie. Meryl Streep is one sassy gem. This movie started my lifelong obsession with the song Suddenly I See.
- •Bridget Jones' DiaryOne of my favorite romcoms and an homage to all of my favorite things (Pride and Prejudice and Colin Firth). A love triangle for the ages and Briget Jones is my hero
- •La La LandI fell in love with the beautiful music and dancing. I'm a huge fan of musicals and this felt so nostalgic and special. The epilogue is one of the most magical movie scenes and I sobbed even harder the second time I saw it as I anticipated the very moment my heart would be ripped out of my chest