MY LIFE CHANGED WHEN
Inspired by @sophia
- •I stopped being allergic to stone fruits.Has this ever happened to anyone? Complete game changer!
- •I started being allergic to dairy.😔
- •I semi-moved to the suburbs.Realized I would prefer it to be a full move. I <3 strip malls.
- •I staged a coup and took over my mom's closet.Self-indulgent, but better received than temporary storage in my brother's room while he was at college...also prevented me from using our entire apartment as my personal shelf. So everyone won.
- •I became a teacher!Shaping the minds of America's youth and only being reachable to students by Twitter (@msrosensays if you're trying to relearn geography)
- •I found out that I was narcoleptic (and felt avenged).See earlier lists
- •I decided I loved driving.And I even learned how to drive stick. Sometimes I drive my Volvo in sport mode because I hear that's a cool thing to do
- •I started checking to make sure I had a pen before leaving the house.
- •I started wearing low heels during the day.No one believes me but it is MORE comfortable as I am a tiny person with all sorts of back/leg extension stuff...
- •I decided to wait to look at my phone until my lunch break.Wouldn't say anyone has benefitted from this, definitely miss some relevant work/friend/family updates that happened while I was sleeping and during the morning...but it makes for a very zen-like wake up!
- •Enabled the subject line section of iMessage.Much like this list point and caption feature, it divides information in a layout ideal for comprehension.
- •I got into podcasts instead of the radio.
- •I gave my students their own sticky notes to "babysit" and use for independent reading.Inspired by all movies that imply there was, at one point, a class in American high schools where you were required to hash out deep personal and interpersonal issues with classmates as you carried around a baby doll for a week. BUT I was wrong! Kids will work to meet the expectations you set, my classes are excelling and are almost too responsible with their post-it's...and I love not passing them out.
- •I discovered laser hair removal.Almost forgot this cornerstone of my young adult life