SIGNS YOU MIGHT BE NARCOLEPTIC
After many traumatic years of being told I'm just a "peaceful person" who can fall asleep in any situation...a sleep study proved them wrong!! Apparently I had the happiest reaction to this diagnosis the doctor had ever seen. (Inspired by @lenadunham Signs That Something is Sort of Up with You...something was definitely up with me)
- •You go to a super duper tres chic hipster fancy lounge restaurant in Paris and fall asleep the minute someone speaks to you.
- •You wake up standing in the front row of ballet class while your constantly hangry teacher asks if she's boring you.On the contrary, I found her kind of entertaining in a sad way.
- •You miss a multi-course meal in a boisterous restaurant made even more absurdly loud by this confusing "cave style" echo situation.
- •Please keep in mind that these are all SOBER incidents.I think that makes it much more legitimate/terrible/amazing.
- •You go missing on a hike in the mountains of the Czech Republic and you are found here.
- •Once again, lost and found...asleep. This time at an unforgivable Flo Rider concert (I think there was a really good opener I wanted to see?)Not mad about sleeping through some of this.
- •Oh look another hike I enjoyedThe classic Blackberry photo quality really shows the longevity of this condition.
- •You wake up in 12th grade AP English because the "chill" teacher wanted to teach you a humorous lesson after you fell asleep in your 10th grade class the period beforeIn retrospect, he had no chill at all
- •Your wake up face shows both massive regret and anticipation that it will all happen again
- •No one gives it a second thought when they see thisJust noticing the rain boots wow that looks uncomfortable.
- •You fall asleep at the dentist every time, no matter what they're doing.No one believes you.
- •Long after diagnosis and graduation, you receive a message inquiring whether this was you, featured on a blog of people sleeping in the Columbia library...And it was, indeed.
- •You have an UNTOUCHABLE excuse. For everything.