Things to do when you think someone might try to start a conversation with you
For severe occasions
- •Pretend you are adding something up by counting your fingers and mouthing numbers while staring at the ceiling
- •Make faces at your phone like you just got a shocking text or are reading something important
- •Blink very slowly like you could fall asleep at any second
- •Hold your fist to your mouth, then flatten your hand and hold your palm to your chest like you might throw up. Repeat until the conversationalist retrieves.
- •Act like you are already having a conversation with someone on the other side of the room but they can't quite understand what you're trying to say so you have to repeat over and over again.
- •Pretend you're in a very grumpy mood and look people up and down as they walk by
- •Slap your pockets and sigh like you forgot something. Get up and walk away.
- •Hold the bottom of your phone to your ear while plugging the other like you're trying to listen to something
- •Bury your face in your hands like you have a migraine or you've just made a terrible mistake
- •Start coughing without covering your mouth