ALLIEVICE LIFE MOTTOS
Quotes that have stuck with me through the years and remind me to live purposefully. Decidedly platitudinous. Embrace the cheese.
- •Progress over perfection.Voltaire captured the same essence in more words: "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." If you wait until everything is squarely lined up for success, you will have missed your window. The timing is never right. Take a step forward.
- •Every step I have taken in my life has led me here, now.Speaking of steps, we've all taken millions of them. They may not have brought you where you wanted to go but they brought you where you needed to be. Be equally appreciative of the planned and the unexpected.
- •If you're not part of the answer, you're part of the problem.Practice curiosity over complaint. If you don't love it, fix it. Get your hands dirty.
- •When it's all finished, you will discover it was never random.Trust that the dots will connect. Sometimes, you have to go out of your way to make them connect. This is work. The wider variety you have in your relationships and experiences, the more dots you will have to connect. It gets easier.
- •Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.Roald Dahl wrote that. In a children's picture book. Which I read and enjoyed as a full-fledged, tax-paying adult. This quote is my favorite; it reminds me daily to find "it" in everything. There is beauty in the mundane.
- •"And now that you don't have to be perfect, you can be good."