MY FAVORITE "DAD MUSIC" (A @michael_circa91 FAST AND HARD LIST REQUEST)
Thanks, @TQ and @michael_circa91.
- •I'm going to take a turn with this li.st request, and tell you about the first time I saw my dad listen to music. Like, really saw him.
- •I was a tiny thing, it was a Saturday afternoon and the song on the radio was "Night Moves." Bob Seger.
- •I don't remember what we were in the middle of, exactly—just that my mom was at work, and when the song came on, my dad stopped and stood still for a second.http://youtu.be/mKaHci9Mc4A = 💯 live version
- •I'm sure he'd heard the song a hundred times before. It was already an "old" song. But in that moment, it was new for him.
- •He was looking at something. Out the window, maybe? But not seeing it. He was somewhere else. He was *seeing* something else.
- •And then he started moving his leg to the beat. Just one leg. One faded-jean leg in a boat shoe.
- •"She was a black-haired beauty with big dark eyes."
- •And the wheels started turning in my little mind and I KNEW he was thinking about love. And my mom. And grown-up things.
- •How my mom was a black-haired beauty.
- •Shortly after that, I started pretending to be sick so I could stay home from school and make my dolls do Night Moves under the table.
- •I had a Barbie Camper and a Barbie Pool and roughly eight hours to work out a good storyline. For me, it wasn't so much about the thunder and lightning as it was the "stealing away" lyric in the song.
- •That far-off look in the eyes.
- •After I heard "Against The Wind," my plot twists included piling Barbie and the gang into a pink convertible and pushing them all down the stairs.Caught like a wildfire out of control/Till there was nothing left to burn and nothing left to prove/
- •Yeah. So, Favorite Dad Music? Bob Seger.Favorite Dad? This fella. ⬆️
- •p.s. If Nathan Veshecco were still here, I'd request that this list count as partial credit for all the music-related lists he requested of me...that I never completed. 🙏🏼also my Labor Day Resolution is to complete my List Requests. Please think of me in this my hour of need.
- •Respectfully submitted,