MY RULES OF LI.ST
Sort of winging this, actually. Inspired by everyone's lists. I DON'T KNOW WHO WAS FIRST?!
- •"Dressing for Li.st"Roughly 84% of my listing strategy. I like to stay on brand by li.sting in whatever I'm already wearing that day, which is usually what I wore the day before. Authenticity is everything.
- •Followers:If someone follows me and they don't have a profile picture, I send them a List Request™ demanding that they either update their profile immediately with a picture (it doesn't have to be of them), or I will run from their car screaming "FIRE" at the absolute top of my voice.
- •Push Notifications:My lizard brain can't handle all the stimulus and distraction, so I keep them turned off. Also, that way, if I happen to write a trending list, I'm also protected from developing an over-inflated sense of my own importance. 🚫
- •In-App Notifications:If this means what I think it means, then, HECK YES, I need to stay informed.
- •Comments:Part of my life strategy is trying really hard not to make people feel like crap. If I've failed, please let me know and we can fight about it after school in the Denny's parking lot. If I've succeeded, please tell me, in the space below. Don't mince words. Use all the characters you need. HOW HAVE I MADE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE?
- •Relisting:If I see something that needs to be known or appreciated on a larger scale, you can bet your bottom dollar I'm gonna HIT. THAT. BUTTON. I don't have relist notifications turned off for anyone, I don't think. HQ, I'm gonna need you to run a report for me on this.
- •List Requests:Say no, go away, tell someone. List requests make me nervous but I am going to try to be better about this in 2018. In all seriousness, I'm going to get around to all my requests. Soon. If I have ignored your request thus far, it is only because I can't think of anything yet. ❤️
- •List Drama:How I deal: Roll over and over till the fire is out. Sometimes I forget to do this. Sometimes I roll for days. Rolling as I write this. 👋🏽👋🏽
- •Who I Am Here:I played the Trapeze Girl once in a production of Barnum, and ONCE WAS ENOUGH. Parody Accounts are fun, trolls or posing as someone else is not. No stunts. No scrubs. My/Your Big Top Days Are Over.
- •Drive nice, Tacoma."Tacoma" is what some of us call li.st. "Driving Nice" is acknowledging other people's ideas. And comments. Sometimes this takes me a while. Sometimes I have to go back and check to make sure I haven't forgotten anyone. It's never intentional, I'm just a distracted driver.