RANDOM PICTURES MY MOM JUST SENT ME IN THE MAIL THAT MAKE ME WANT TO GO BACK IN TIME & LOVE MYSELF
- •When I was so deep in my awkward phase that this hairstyle was a victory and all I wanted was for my dad to take a photo and document my scowling happiness.
- •When I felt like I was taking up lots space on earth but now I see there were some visible bones underneath my skin and I know there's no such thing as too much space.
- •When all I wanted was to have my hair braided in a crown like my sister's but that would have involved raising my hand, clearing my throat, and telling everyone to please stop cutting my hair.
- •When I pioneered the romper and never received credit.
- •Everything about this.
- •And this:
- •And then this: that somehow these two beautiful humans emerged from all that ⬆️
- •And just to bring it all together here is my dad dressed as a book, walking in a parade to promote public libraries.
- •*this li.st brought to you by the U.S. Postal Service, Feelings®, and The National Association of People Looking at Old Photos In New Ways.